Friday, March 5, 2010

Doomed

I was sitting in the waiting room at public health a few weeks ago, watching another mom with her little girl who was probably a year and a half old or so. The mom took out a sweet little zipper pouch of hair bows, bands, and accessories. She sprayed some detangler or something in the girl's hair(it wasn't tangly anyway), combed it out, pulled up a cute little pony tail, took it out to readjust it, pulled it up again (only a half a centimeter from where it was the first time, but better this time, for sure). Of course, the hair bow matched the outfit perfectly. The girl looked very cute.

Now, I can braid and I certainly appreciate a hairbrush, but I'm too "low-maintenance" to even think about putting product in my hair, let alone my kid's hair. Poor Enola. Is she doomed to bad hair forever? I'm confident in my mommy skills, but this may be one area where my daughter simply has to suffer the unfortunate fact that her mom is a second-rate hair-do-er.

2 comments:

  1. The sweet little zipper pouch of hair bows, bands, and accessories sounds a lot like Nana when she was doing Shel's hair when she was younger, but Nana & I are both OK with your "low maintenance" approach and we do love you and Enola just the way you are. OH, love the pic also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sandy says I'm so low maintenance that I'm high maintenance!
    go figure.

    ReplyDelete