Saturday, November 20, 2010

Her Own Thing

Side note: WHAT? Two posts in one day? A Saturday afternoon to myself is a rare thing!
On with the cute pictures....

Now that Enola has become entirely independent in her mobility, she is also developing independence in her activities. She enjoys helping me with chores and carrying things around the house. Today, she took the contents of the bread drawer into her bedroom and put them in the washing machine. Luckily, I found the bagels and honey wheat before I ran a load of laundry. Her toy camera, on the other hand, was not so lucky:

A few days ago I showed Enola how to cover her Bitty Baby with a blanket and feed her a bottle. After a few minutes of suspicious silence I went to her room to see what mischief she was up to this time. There sat my perfect angel:

Enola has a wonderful library, mostly thanks to you! However, lately she's been bringing me books from the big shelf in the dining room:
Today she also found my old US Synchronized Swimming Rules guide. She was trying out some of the moves! (I promise, I did no posing here...it is all her!)

Her pike:

Her ballet leg:

Yes, the extension needs some work, but if I recall correctly, that was always the criticism I got, too!

4 comments:

  1. adorable!hope she doesn't get too many of daddys bad habits:) sorry dav! love nana <>< +

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to qualify that, i mean when you were a little tike:) i am sure you have no bad habits now;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome synchro skills. Love that you still have your rule book- ha! I'm snuggled under a sychro T-shirt quilt at an indoor water resort currently- where Maggie spent most of her time trying(and succeeding) to alternately float on her back and go upside down--- these gals of ours seem to have inherited some serious propensities to be synchro stars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her little poses! Maybe she'll help our children learn synchro at summer camp just like her wonderful mama taught me!

    Thanks for sharing pictures! She is a doll!

    ReplyDelete